Sunday, April 24, 2011

Use Your Ipod To Get Into Jannah (InshAllah)

Assalamualaikum, 
I was checking out Productive Muslim's site and I had an idea about how we can improve ourselves. First of all, I suggest everyone to check out Productive Muslim's site http://ProductiveMuslim.com/. I love things that help me get organized, disciplined, on schedule and this resource has many articles and links to help a Muslim be more efficient throughout the day. 
I wanted to share how I try to become a better muslimah and be more productive while listening to my Ipod. Before I listened to music and within a few times of listening, I would have the song memorized. Realizing this, I added the 99 names of Allah to my Ipod. Its a short 2-3 minute video so why cant I memorize it?? Of course I can!! Alhamdulillah, every time I sit in my car I play the 99 names of Allah a few times and now I can read along with the naat. The more I listen to this and other naats, the less I want to listen to music.  I suggest you give it a try. There is nothing to lose! People listen to their ipod so much throughout the day. If you listen to the 99 names of Allah everyday for a few days, I am sure you will be reading along the names just like I am. We spend so much time listening to music and entertaining ourselves in this world. Why not turn it up a notch and use the same methods to gain Jannah? 

Our Prophet (saws) said:
"Verily, there are ninety-nine names of God, one hundred minus one. He who enumerates [and believes in them and the one God behind] them would get into Paradise."
(Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, no. 1410)

This is my way of Improving Mymuslimself by bringing Islam into my everyday life and striving for Jannah. Inshallah this is of some benefit to you all. If you like this article, please share with your friends, follow the blog, and let me know what you liked! JazakAllah Khair <3
P.S. This is a link of a pdf file that has the 99 names and their explanation.
http://www.nurayn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/lulgift.pdf 

1 comment: