Thursday, April 21, 2011

Earth Day: Benefits of Allah's Natural Bounties

http://lowellpta.com/
Assalamualaikum my dear friends,
Since many people are celebrating Earth Day, I decided to consider it from the Islamic viewpoint. Earth Day is all about celebrating the natural bounties Allah (swt) has given us and preserving it through efforts like recycling. I am reading a book called Book of Healing by Ahmad H. Sakr Ph.D and I wanted to share some of the beneficial natural bounties Allah has bestowed on us.

Honey as a Healer:
Prophet (saws) said “Heal yourselves with honey and the Qur’an” (Ibn Mas’ood). In Surah Muhammad, Allah says “Here is the description of the Garden of which the righteous are promised: [...] rivers of honey pure and clear” (47:15). Thus, Paradise will have rivers flowing of honey. SubhanAllah!
Benefits of Honey:
  • Antibacterial
  • high sugar content that makes it an energy food (say goodbye to 5 hour energy drinks!)
  • may be utilized better than glucose for diabetic patients
  • easily digestible
  • reduces stress and tiredness
  • improves memory and eyesight
  • a spoonful of honey in the morning restores health and is an ideal energy supplement
I dont know about you but I will be definitely adding honey to my everyday diet. There is nothing to lose but so much benefit to gain! Try adding it to your tea, coffee or milk and InshAllah you will benefit.
**Also, on a personal note, I love using honey on my skin to treat acne or its dark spots. About 3 days before my engagement ceremony, I had pimples/marks on my forehead. I was using prescription ointment to make them disappear as fast as possible. When I applied foundation, it started flaking and peeling, eww. I put honey mixed with turmeric and cinnamon on my marks and this smoothed out my acne peeling skin Alhamdulillah. I was able to put on foundation smoothly and no one could tell what a mess I was in 3 days earlier. Thank Allah for honey!! **

Benefits of Miswak:
Miswak is a natural bounty from Allah that comes from the Arak Tree. Prophet (saws) LOVED using miswak which is clearly seen in the many hadith there are about him using and recommending it.
Shareeh Ibn Hani ® said to Aisha ®: When Prophet (saws) enters his house, what is the first thing he does? She said: He uses Miswak. [Muslim]

Imam Ibn El Quaiym said miswak:

  • Purifies the smell of the mouth
  • Strengthens the gums
  • Prevents cavities
  • Energies reading Qur'an and praying
  • Gets rid of sleepiness
  • Loved by the angels
  • Increases you good deeds
Newly discovered benefits: Miswak brightens the teeth because it contains Silica and Chloride. Say hi to a brighter new smile ;)
Best way you can start using Miswak:

  • During Wudoo
  • Before praying or reading Qur'an
  • to improve the smell or taste in your mouth
  • before going to sleep
  • before entering your home 
Just keep it in your purse or pocket. Such an easy and beneficial way of taking care of your oral hygiene and gaining sawab at the same time!

The author has a remarkable quote I would like to end with: "Mankind has only begun to unravel the mysteries of the substance which the Holy Qur'an described 1400 years ago which has healing for men." 

Please share this post with your friends, follow our blog, and share the sawab! JazakAllah Khair <3

No comments:

Post a Comment