Thursday, May 12, 2011

Celebrate Mother's Day Everyday To Enter Paradise

 

Assalamualaikum,
No, Im not late in celebrating Mothers Day. For me mothers day is not one day I go out and buy perfume and chocolates for my Mom. However, I strive to appreciate my Mom everyday. I pray that Allah forgives my sins when I get impatient with her, when I get irritated thinking she is old fashioned, and when I don't understand her love and affection for me. She is so hardworking and puts her heart and soul out so that I don't have to deal with difficulty. Oh Allah, please let me love my Mom with all my heart each and everyday. Please eliminate all her worries, sorrows, and difficulties in this life and the hereafter Ameen.

Our Prophet saws emphasized the importance of mothers on many occasions. Here is one example: 
A man came to the Prophet and said, ‘O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship? The Prophet said: Your mother. The man said, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man further asked, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man asked again, ‘Then who?' The Prophet said: Then your father. (Bukhari, Muslim). 

I found a really cute book More Mommilies: As My Mother Used to Say  with a list of wise sayings from mothers over the years. I selected a few sayings that I liked and hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Some you need to think about a little to understand. Exercise your brain! :)
  • Remember, I'm your mother - and you'll never have another
  • If I wanted to know your opinion, I'd ask for it
  • I'm not everyone else's mom
  • You'd go to the ocean and not find any water
    • I feel this all the time when I my brother cant find things that are in front of him and he begs me to find it for him. 
  • An empty can makes the most noise; the same goes for heads
  • The tongue- we  spend three years learning how to use it and the rest of our lives learning how to control it. 
    • SO TRUE!!
  • Dont take a single thing for granted- ever. 
  • When your mind doesnt work, your feet have to. 
  • Always expect the worst, and when it comes, make the best of it.
  • There is a devil, there is not doubt. -- But is he trying to get inside of us or out?
  • Look it up-- you'll remember it longer
    • Great tip for studying!
  • Your only as old as you feel!
  • Dont eat in front of your friends unless you have enough to share.
  • No man chases a streetcar he's already caught.
Dont forget to celebrate Mothers Day EVERYDAY! Whether you give your mom an extra hug, tell her thank you for everything she does, give her a massage, or do some chores voluntarily for her. Make her feel special because she deserves it. 

(: Improving My-muslim-self :)

1 comment: